Log in

No account? Create an account
Lord Yupa

February 2010

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Danger Mouse

Bug/Issue with E-Mail Posting.

[Crossposted to lj_dev]

I don't know if this is a known issue, or I've somehow managed to screw something up, but it appears that PGP/GPG signed e-mails (user+pgp@post.livejournal.com) that are sent as journal entry submissions aren't being processed.

My mail server shows that the e-mail was successfully accepted. But nothing displays in my journal. Sending an identical e-mail using the 'PIN' authentication (user+PIN@post.livejournal.com) works without issue, and the journal entry displayed within a few moments.

The PGP signed post was tried twice, without success. And it was working great for me in the past, as recently as 'Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:00:25 -0600' (my last e-mail post that was PGP signed and went through). I've verified that my last successful PGP signed post e-mail was sent to the same e-mail address and signed with the same key as the recent failed PGP signed post e-mail.

Thanks for your time. If anyone needs any additional information from me on this, just let me know.


Is it still happening?

PGP signed e-mail posts. . .

I just tried a test post, and everything seemed to go through fine.

Then, just for kicks, I tried resending the post earlier that it failed on. For some reason, it failed again.

So, I tried resending the test post that worked a few minutes ago, and this time it seemed to fail.

So, now I tried another test post that wasn't a resend of a previous post, and it went through.

I've tried a handful of other e-mail posts. all GPG signed, and some get through, while others don't.

One thing I have noticed, although I have absolutely no idea if this is relevant, is that all of the posts that have made it through are under about 1.5K in size. The ones that aren't getting through are bigger than that. Again, I don't know if that means anything, or if it's just a random coincidence, but it's something I've noticed.

So, to actually answer your question, it does appear to be still happening, although not entirely consistently. ;-)

And, it's after 4am, so I'm going to bed. I should be online most of the day tomorrow, if there's anything at all I can do to help with figuring out what's going on here. And if it all turns out to be a problem on my part, then I'll send you some sort of gift in apology for wasting your time. ;-)